Day 10 of 30 for 30

Living Out Loud

Jeans: Bitten
Sweater: Limited
Corduroy Blazer: Thrifted
Sage Shoes: Zara
Head Scarf: G. Bean (aka stolen from Mom)


Jeans:Hot Topic
Tee:Gap
Necklace:Cant remember
Boots:Rue 21
So, Keesha and I have the most amazing relationship with our parents. We literally talk to them on the phone at the very least 60% of the time in a day... that's a WHOLE lot of chatting but honestly I would not trade it for anything in the world. Well, this morning my Mother was busy chatting it up... I did not even put her on hold. She is such an amazing Women and I am thankful to be her child.
Speaking of thankfulness, Keesha is thankful for the tree that she is hugging... Awww Yes, Green Week!!! It is just a few days that set aside to remember Mother Earth.

I was raised "Green", my Mother has always taught us to reduce, reuse, recycle... I honestly don't think it had anything to do with the Earth it was just that we didn't have money to waste... so the rule was when your not in a room turn off the light or when you out grow of an article of clothing, that shirt can live on as a pillow case and those pants can become a cooking apron.

We would love to hear how you keep things "alive"... you know Milk carton to flower pot. Cant wait to hear your ideas.

HAVE A SWELL WEEKEND!!!

3 comments

C. | November 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Dying at the treehugging photo. And that's so sweet to hear about the close relationship with fam. Love reading the stories behind these, as well as seeing these awesome remixes!

Not sure if this counts, but my mom and I would use pages of old mailers and catalogs for origami to make little foldable boxes that could sit on the dinner table. If we were eating anything a little messier, that had bones or shells, you could just dump them into your individual trash box. :)

Linda W | November 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Visiting your blog for the first time. I love that you two are doing this together and getting together for all your pictures!
The Auspicious Life

Anonymous | November 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I re-used glass bottles from my mineral water to make vases for my tissue paper flowers that are on my mantle. I stripped the label that covered the bottle and stuffed it into the bottle to make it look kinda cool. I'll take pictures and show you :)

~M~

Post a Comment