Since it is his favorite hot beverage, I am always trying to find ways to make it differently to keep him guessing.
For a few years now I have been making a signature hot chocolate drink. This year I thought that I would have you all decide which delicious recipe we should use throughout the rest of the year...
Ginger Spiced Hot Chocolate or Raspberry Hot Chocolate
Here are the recipes for them both. I am so excited to see which one you choose.
Ginger Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 1 c soy milk
- fresh ginger, sliced into 2 rounds
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- dark chocolate shavings (optional)
Raspberry Hot Chocolate
- 1 bar of milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1c cup soy milk
- 1c heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur (recommended Chambord) OR raspberry syrup OR pureed raspberries (strained)
Combine everything except the raspberries in a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes.Continue to cook, whisking frequently until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in raspberry choice , top with a piece of crystallized ginger(optional) and serve immediately.