Tomato Bisque Soup


Tomato Bisque Soup

So I LOVE Nothing But Noodles tomato bisque soup and the idea was to make a copy cat. Well, as much as I tried I could not make it like theirs... I actually made it BETTER.

I used a can of whole tomatoes. I was hungry and I hate peeling tomato skin.

In a saute pan melt butter

Using a whisk, sprinkle in your flour. Make a nice thick roux

Slowly add your milk, cream or half and half

Season your tomatoes and milk mixture
Using your emulsion blender, mix everything until smooth.

I dressed mine with a little olive oil and scallions.


2 (1lb) cans peeled tomatoes
1/2 chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbs of sugar
3 tbs of flour
2 tbs of butter
1/2 c of milk or half and half
olive oil
scallions
salt
cracked pepper
curry
cumin
red pepper
sage
oregano

In Medium sauce pan add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add your onions and garlic. Saute until onions are soft. Add the can of tomatoes and all the seasoning. Bring to a high simmer.

In a saute pan add your butter and melt. Sprinkle in your flour and sugar. Whisk into a ball. Add your milk and stir until smooth. Add mixture to the tomatoes... using your emulsion blend your soup until smooth.
Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.

Serve HOT!

Optional: Add Scallions and top with Olive Oil. Yummy!

3 comments

Anonymous | October 4, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I've been waiting ALL DAY for you to post! :) Okay so I'm a soup junkie in the fall and I will DEF be trying this one! Thanx for the recipe

kdr*S | October 4, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Aww Mina M... that really made my day. I have been sick all weekend so I was a little slow moving today.
Im a soup lover as well. You have to go to Nothing but Noodles and try their Bisque... its totally to die.

Bianca | October 6, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Omg, I love anything bisqued! Making this tonight!!

xoxo
bianca

Post a Comment