Flower Power

I heart broaches!
I wear them with everything. I wear the same one that I wear with Jeans and a tee with a suite. Now, I feel like I need to clarify. I do not like the ones with sparkles or fake diamonds... nothing wrong with them but totally not my style.

So Keesha knows how I feel about them and sent me a blog that ones similar to the ones that I have made were in. I really hate that I can not find the blog site anymore. So if whom ever this idea was first I want to start by saying thank you for the idea and I'm sorry that I am unable to provide a link to your site.

If you know someone who likes crafty things or need to make a cheap gift this it only takes a few minutes.

What you will need:
  • Card Stock
  • Food Coloring (optional)
  • Pin Backs
  • Water
Wet your card stock with water and crumble while under the water. Carefully pull paper back apart and crumble again.

Carefully uncrumble your paper and lay them on a flat surface. Add a few drops of food coloring to the wet paper. It will spread like tie-dye.


You can do this at night so that the paper has time to dry or if you are impatient (like me) you can use a blow dryer.

Starting at the edge of the paper cut in a circle making your lines wavy for a cool effect. You can cut your paper into different sizes depending on how large or small you want your flowers.

Once you have the cut outs starting in the middle form your paper into a circle/flower shape.

Use dots of glue if needed to hold together.

Once you have them in your desired shape and size attach the pin back with a hot glue gun or a whole lot of Elmer's.

Enjoy!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment